- •In the UK, the estimated overall point prevalence for epilepsy was 9.37 per 1000 persons.
- •The overall estimated incidence rate was 42.68 per 100,000 person-years.
- •In England, the estimated incidence, 37.41 per 100,000 person-years and prevalence, 8.85 per 1000 persons was lower compared to figures for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seizure - European Journal of Epilepsy
- Incidence of epilepsy: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Neurology. 2011; 77: 1005-1012
- The epidemiology of the epilepsies.Handb Clin Neurol. 2012; 107: 113-133
- Prevalence and incidence of epilepsy: a systematic review and meta-analysis of international studies.Neurology. 2017; 88: 296-303
- Temporal lobe surgery in Germany from 1988 to 2008: diverse trends in etiological subgroups.Eur J Neurol. 2014; 21: 827-834
- A survey of adult and pediatric epilepsy surgery in the United Kingdom.Epilepsia. 2013; 54: e62-e65
Joint Epilepsy Council, 2011, Epilepsy prevalence, incidence and other statistics, available on request from corresponding author.
- Linking physicians' pay to the quality of care–a major experiment in the United kingdom.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 1448-1454
- Spatial distribution of clinical computer systems in primary care in England in 2016 and implications for primary care electronic medical record databases: a cross-sectional population study.BMJ Open. 2018; 8e020738
SCIMP SCIMP guide to read codes. In, https://www.scimp.scot.nhs.uk/better-information/clinical-coding/scimp-guide-to-read-codes, 2022.
- Do older adults have equitable access to specialist epilepsy services?.Epilepsia. 2010; 51: 2341-2343
- Reilly MM neurology workforce survey conducted by the association of British neurologists 2018-2019.In, ABN website, 2020
- Socioeconomic variation in incidence of epilepsy: prospective community based study in south east England.BMJ. 2002; 325: 1013-1016
- Epilepsy and deprivation, a data linkage study.Epilepsia. 2015; 56: 585-591
- The influence of socioeconomic deprivation on dementia mortality, age at death, and quality of diagnosis: a nationwide death records study in England and Wales 2001-2017.J Alzheimers Dis. 2021; 81: 321-328
- Public health profiles.NHS England, 2022
- Data resource profile: Clinical Practice Research Datalink (CPRD).Int J Epidemiol. 2015; 44: 827-836
- Data resourse profile: Clinical Practice Research Database (CRPD) Aurum.Int J Epidemiol. 2019; 48 (-1740 g): 1740
- The national general practice study of epilepsy. The syndromic classification of the International League Against Epilepsy applied to epilepsy in a general population.Arch Neurol. 1992; 49: 801-808
- The aetiologies of epilepsy.Epileptic Disord. 2021; 23: 1-16
- Is the CPRD GOLD population comparable to the U.K. population?.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2013; 22
- Can different primary care databases produce comparable estimates of burden of disease: results of a study exploring venous leg ulceration.Fam Pract. 2015; 32: 374-380
- Time trends in autism diagnosis over 20 years: a UK population-based cohort study.J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2022; 63: 674-682