- •The efficacy and safety of CBD has been demonstrated in Lennox-Gastaut and Darvet Syndromes.
- •A growing body of evidence is supporting the utilization of CBD in refractory status epilepticus, including NORSE and FIRES.
- •The majority of patients who received CBD did so after multiple other medications failed to provide seizure cessation.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seizure - European Journal of Epilepsy
- Proposed consensus definitions for new-onset refractory status epilepticus (NORSE), febrile infection-related epilepsy syndrome (FIRES), and related conditions.Epilepsia. 2018; 59: 739-744
- Danbury: National Organization for Rare Diseases. c 2022. NORSE (New Onset Refractory Status Epilepticus) and FIRES (Febrile Infection-Related Epilepsy Syndrome).2020 (Available from)
- New-onset refractory status epilepticus and febrile infection-related epilepsy syndrome.Dev Med Child Neurol. 2020; 62: 897-905
- Cannabidiol [package insert].Greenwich Biosciences, Inc, Carlsbad, CA2020 (Available from:)
- Cannabinoids: Therapeutic Use in Clinical Practice.Int J Mol Sci. 2022 Mar 19; 23: 3344
- Cannabidiol in patients with treatment-resistant epilepsy: an open-label interventional trial.Lancet Neurol. 2016; 15: 270-278
- Long-Term Safety, Tolerability, and Efficacy of Cannabidiol in Children with Refractory Epilepsy: Results from an Expanded Access Program in the US.CNS Drugs. 2019; 33: 47-60
- Cannabidiol as a potential treatment for febrile infection-related epilepsy syndrome (Fires) in the acute and chronic phases.J Child Neurol. 2017; 32: 35-40
- High dose cannabidiol (CBD) in the treatment of new-onset refractory status epilepticus (NORSE).Seizure. 2021; 94: 126-128
- Rare homozygous nonsense variant in AIMP1 causing Early Onset Epileptic Encephalopathy with Burst Suppression (EOEE-BS). 2020; 63103970
- Cannabidiol oil in the treatment of super refractory status epilepticus. A case report.Seizure. 2016; 35: 56-58
- Successful use of pure cannabidiol for the treatment of super-refractory status epilepticus.Epilepsy Behav Case Rep. 2018; 10: 141-144
- A spicy status: Synthetic cannabinoid (spice) use and new-onset refractory status epilepticus-A case report and review of the literature.J Neurol. 2017; 264: 2506-2508