- •Assessment of cognition before and during adjunctive treatment with cenobamate.
- •Most patients showed stable or improved cognitive performance (EpiTrack).
- •Cognitive change was not associated with cenobamate dose.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seizure - European Journal of Epilepsy
- Effects of cenobamate (YKP3089), a newly developed anti-epileptic drug, on voltage-gated sodium channels in rat hippocampal CA3 neurons.Eur J Pharmacol. 2019; 855: 175-182https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejphar.2019.05.007
- Positive allosteric modulation of GABAA receptors by a novel antiepileptic drug cenobamate.Eur J Pharmacol. 2020; 879173117https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejphar.2020.173117
- Randomized phase 2 study of adjunctive cenobamate in patients with uncontrolled focal seizures.Neurology. 2020; 94: e2311-e2322https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.0000000000009530
- Safety and efficacy of adjunctive cenobamate (YKP3089) in patients with uncontrolled focal seizures: a multicentre, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled, dose-response trial.Lancet Neurol. 2020; 19: 38-48https://doi.org/10.1016/S1474-4422(19)30399-0
- Adjunctive Cenobamate for focal-onset seizures in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis.CNS Drugs. 2020; 34: 1105-1120https://doi.org/10.1007/s40263-020-00759-9
- Third-generation antiseizure medications for adjunctive treatment of focal-onset seizures in adults: a systematic review and network meta-analysis.Drugs. 2022; : 199-218https://doi.org/10.1007/s40265-021-01661-4
- Onset of efficacy and adverse events during cenobamate titration period.Acta Neurol Scand. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1111/ane.13659
- Mechanisms of action for the commonly used antiepileptic drugs: relevance to antiepileptic drug-associated neurobehavioral adverse effects.J Child Neurol. 2004; 19 (Suppl): S6-14https://doi.org/10.1177/088307380401900102
- Which drug-induced side effects would be tolerated in the prospect of seizure control?.Epilepsy Behav. 2013; 29: 141-143https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yebeh.2013.07.013
- The impact of side effects on long-term retention in three new antiepileptic drugs.Seizure. 2009; 18: 327-331https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seizure.2008.11.006
- Monitoring the cognitive effects of antiepileptic pharmacotherapy-approaching the individual patient.Epilepsy Behav. 2013; 26: 450-456https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yebeh.2012.09.015
- Cognitive and psychiatric adverse events during adjunctive cenobamate treatment in phase 2 and phase 3 clinical studies (P13-8.005).Neurology. 2022; 98 (18 Supplement)
- EpiTrack: tracking cognitive side effects of medication on attention and executive functions in patients with epilepsy.Epilepsy Behav. 2005; 7: 708-714https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yebeh.2005.08.015
- The effects of levetiracetam on cognition: a non-interventional surveillance study.Epilepsy Behav. 2008; 13: 642-649https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yebeh.2008.07.012
- EpiTrack. Veränderungssensitives kognitives Screening zur Qualitäts-und Outcomekontrolle der medikamentösen Epilepsiebehandlung. 2nd ed. UCB-Pharma, Monheim2012
WHO. ATC/DDD Index 2022, https://www.whocc.no/atc_ddd_index/; 2021 [accessed 14 March 2022].
- ECDEU assessment manual for psychopharmacology. US department of health, education, and welfare, Rockville, MD1976
- R: a language and environment for statistical computing.R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna2021
- Changes in cognition after introduction or withdrawal of zonisamide versus topiramate in epilepsy patients: a retrospective study using Bayes statistics.Epilepsia. 2020; 61: 1481-1490https://doi.org/10.1111/epi.16576
- The residual medium and long-term cognitive effects of benzodiazepine use: an updated meta-analysis.Arch Clin Neuropsychol. 2018; 33: 901-911https://doi.org/10.1093/arclin/acx120
- Cognitive effects of seizures.Seizure. 2006; 15: 221-226https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seizure.2006.02.012
- Cognitive correlates of interictal epileptiform discharges in adult patients with epilepsy in China.Epilepsy Behav. 2013; 29: 205-210https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yebeh.2013.07.014
- Adverse cognitive effects of antiepileptic pharmacotherapy: each additional drug matters.Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2015; 25: 1954-1959https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euroneuro.2015.07.027
- Cenobamate (YKP3089) as adjunctive treatment for uncontrolled focal seizures in a large, phase 3, multicenter, open-label safety study.Epilepsia. 2020; 61: 1099-1108https://doi.org/10.1111/epi.16525
- Topiramate dose effects on cognition: a randomized double-blind study.Neurology. 2011; 76: 131-137https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.0b013e318206ca02
- How can we overcome neuropsychological adverse effects of antiepileptic drugs?.Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2017; 18: 551-554https://doi.org/10.1080/14656566.2017.1309025
- Effects of topiramate on cognitive function.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2000; 69: 636-641https://doi.org/10.1136/jnnp.69.5.636
- Evaluating the longer-term cognitive effects of adjunctive perampanel compared to lacosamide in a naturalistic outpatient setting.Seizure. 2018; 58: 141-146https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seizure.2018.04.015