- •In total, 583 nurses, 70 physicians, and 133 caregivers participated in the study.
- •On most questions, more caregivers provided inappropriate responses.
- •More carers provided appropriate responses on (not putting something into mouth).
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seizure - European Journal of Epilepsy
- Prevalence and incidence of epilepsy: A systematic review and meta-analysis of international studies.Neurology. 2017; 88: 296-303
- Patterns of treatment response in newly diagnosed epilepsy.Neurology. 2012; 78: 1548-1554
- Physical injuries in patients with epilepsy and their associated risk factors.Seizure. 2012; 21: 165-168
- Clinical features of sudden unexpected death in epilepsy.J Clin Neurophysiol. 2009; 26: 297-301
- Improving self-efficacy in seizure first aid: Developing a seizure first aid certification program in the United States.Epilepsy Behav. 2022; 129108624
https://www.cdc.gov/epilepsy/about/first-aid.htm/accessed on 3 June 2022.
- Explanations given by people with epilepsy for using emergency medical services: a qualitative study.Epilepsy Behav. 2012; 25: 529-533
- Seizure clusters.J Drug Assess. 2021; 10: 86-90
- Covid-19: an opportunity to reduce unnecessary healthcare.BMJ. 2020; 370: m2752
- Half of all peripheral intravenous lines in an Australian tertiary emergency department are unused: pain with no gain?.Annals of emergency medicine. 2013; 62: 521-525
- Just In Time: Challenges and Opportunities of First Aid Care Information Sharing for Supporting Epileptic Seizure Response.Proc ACM Hum Comput Interact. 2021; 5: 113
- First aid for seizures: the importance of education and appropriate response.J Child Neurol. 2007; 22 (30S-7S)
- Effects of Simulation Video on Parental Recall of Seizure First Aid: A Quality Improvement Project.J Child Neurol. 2020; 35: 908-911