- •The majority of the patients had unilateral and closed lip cleft.
- •Patients with open lip cleft had worse seizure outcomes than those with closed lip cleft.
- •Concomitant focal cortical dysplasia was associated with frequent seizures.
- •A larger cleft size was related to development of epilepsy and younger age of onset.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Seizure - European Journal of Epilepsy
- Schizencephaly: correlations of clinical and radiologic features.Neurology. 1997; 48: 1427-1434
- A developmental and genetic classification for malformations of cortical development: update 2012.Brain. 2012; 135: 1348-1369
- Schizencephaly: heterogeneous etiologies in a population of 4 million California births.Am J Med Gen. 2005; 137: 181-189
- Malformations of cortical development.Neurologist. 2008; 14: 181
- Epilepsy and malformations of the cerebral cortex.Epileptic Syndromes Infancy Childhood Adolescence. 2002;
- Clinical and imaging features of cortical malformations in childhood.Neurology. 1999; 53 (-715): 715
- Predictors of seizure freedom after surgery for malformations of cortical development.Ann Neurol. 2011; 70: 151-162
- Epileptic features of patients with unilateral and bilateral schizencephaly.J Child Neurol. 2006; 21: 757-760
- Schizencephaly: clinical and imaging features in 30 infantile cases.Brain Dev. 2000; 22: 475-483
- Schizencephaly: a review of 734 patients.Ped Neurol. 2018; 87: 23-29
- Schizencephaly: correlation of clinical findings with MR characteristics.Am J Neuroradi. 1992; 13: 85-94
- Schizencephaly revisited.Neuroradiology. 2018; 60: 945-960
- Topical review: schizencephaly: clinical spectrum, epilepsy, and pathogenesis.J Child Neurol. 2004; 19: 313-318
- Definition of drug resistant epilepsy: consensus proposal by the ad hoc task force of the ILAE commission on therapeutic strategies.Epilepsia. 2010; 51: 1069-1077
- Operational classification of seizure types by the international league against epilepsy: position paper of the ILAE commission for classification and terminology.Epilepsia. 2017; 58: 522-530
- Predictors of intractable epilepsy in childhood: a case-control study.Epilepsia. 1996; 37: 24-30
- EEG and clinical predictors of medically intractable childhood epilepsy.Clin Neurophysio. 1999; 110: 1245-1251
- Early predictors of outcome in newly diagnosed epilepsy.Seizure. 2013; 22: 333-344
- Malformations of cortical development: clinical features and genetic causes.Lancet Neurol. 2014; 13: 710-726
- Focal dysplasia of the cerebral cortex in epilepsy.J Neurol Neurosurg Psych. 1971; 34: 369-387
- Abnormal structural and functional brain connectivity in gray matter heterotopia.Epilepsia. 2012; 53: 1024-1032
- Physiological consequences of abnormal connectivity in a developmental epilepsy.Ann Neurol. 2015; 77: 487-503
- Epileptogenic networks in nodular heterotopia: a stereoelectroencephalography study.Epilepsia. 2017; 58: 2112-2123
- Abnormal network activity in a targeted genetic model of human double cortex.J Neurosci. 2009; 29: 313-327
- Why malformations of cortical development cause epilepsy.Front Neurosci. 2019; 13: 250
- The spectrum of structural and functional network alterations in malformations of cortical development.Brain. 2017; 140: 2133-2143
- Clinical characteristics in focal cortical dysplasia: a retrospective evaluation in a series of 120 patients.Brain. 2006; 129: 1907-1916
- Schizencephaly: clinical and genetic findings in a case series.Mariani Foundat Paediatric Neurol Ser. 1999; 7: 181-190
- Long-term seizure outcomes in patients with drug resistant epilepsy.Seizure. 2018; 62: 74-78
- Cavernoma-related epilepsy in cavernous malformations located within the temporal lobe: surgical management and seizure outcome.Neurosurg Focus. 2020; 48: E6
- The neurobiology of cognitive disorders in temporal lobe epilepsy.Nat Rev Neurol. 2011; 7: 154-164